Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Create a Faerie Altar!

Garden altars add magick to your yard.

 

Crone Crafts by the Mother of Invention

 

 


Faerie altars are a lot of fun to create. You first need an empty container and I found this square one at a local thrift store.



Drill drainage holes in the bottom of your container and then fill it with a quality potting soil. Then begin adding your collection of stones, marbles, shells, and mosses.


Here's the top view of mine. For the bamboo fence, I simply cut a section out of an old placemat. There is no wrong way to layout your Faerie garden. Just begin designing your Faerie garden on top of the potting soil. Relax as you play with the layout, using the supplies that you gathered, and enjoy the process of "feeling" your way through the design.



To make the clothesline, I simply stuck two small sticks into the potting soil and tied a short piece of rope between them, tied either end of the rope off at the tops of alternating sticks. Then added  little pieces of fabric that I had cut to resemble clothes, pillowcases, and socks and I glued them to the clothesline rope. Later I would order tiny clothespins from eBay but I have since found packages of miniature clothespins at the local Dollar Tree. 



Here's another, much more mature, faerie garden. I probably need to trim this one as it is more than a little overgrown now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the productive reader feedback. Is there something you've read here that inspired you? Tell me about it!