Friday, September 4, 2020

How to make a chair out of wire, recycled iron, and a sheep skin

 How to make a sheep-skin chair from yard sale finds


Crone Crafts by the Mother of Invention

 

Found these two green iron side-arms from an old wooden lawn bench for $15.

My first order of business was to paint those side iron frame red (to match my place). I used a spray can meant for painting heavy machinery.

I just happen to be doing a lot of fencing around my place so had some extra wire laying around. That's what I used to build the frame for the seat and back.

 

 

 

I applied three layers of wire, individually. Securing the first layer to the iron side-arms. Then adding the second and third layers of wire, twisting each layer of wire together to make a seat and back as shown.

In truth, the chair is comfortable with just the wire. It feels like a typical lawn chair to sit in. Yet I wanted something more luxurious.


So sheep-skin it is!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the productive reader feedback. Is there something you've read here that inspired you? Tell me about it!