Monday, June 29, 2020

Add Magickal Protection To Your Coronavirus Mask!

Focus On The Physical Realm First


People often ask me "how can I protect myself magickally?" My first response is to protect yourself PHYSICALLY first. During the Coronavirus pandemic, wear a mask. Keep your social Distance. Keep yourself physically safe. Yet there are also many magickal things you can do to protect yourself from Covid-19. There are many different ways to approach spell work and a medical face mask presents a cool NEW opportunity to work protective magick!



Draw a protective symbol on the Underside of Your Mask!


You can draw a protection symbol on your medical mask

Nobody needs to know what sort of magick you are working to protect yourself if you put the symbol on the inside of your mask.

Create a Magickal Protection Box for Holding Your Covid-19 Protection Masks



Use an empty cigar box to hold your Covid-19 mask
The need to wear a protective face mask presented a new issue for me. I kept putting my new cloth masks in my sock drawer and every time I'd need to go somewhere I'd be wasting time hunting for it through the drawer. 
Finally, I decided to create a box that is unique for holding my masks, and I just happened to have an old cigar box that I had painted purple, once upon a time.

(I will now paint the inside of the box to make it more magickal.) 






Because the Covid-19 masks are for our protection, I drew one of the most common protective symbols on the lid of my facemask box. The five-pointed pentacle! For your box, you can use any protective symbol that you feel an affinity for. Focus your intention for protection as you paint your box.

You can also STORE YOUR MASKs with protective stones, and ask the stones to imbue warrior-protection to your mask.

I am a gardener so I store my masks with protective herbs like fresh rosemary or bay leaves. Doing that gives the mask a very pleasant aroma while I wear it (which is quite pleasant). If you store your mask with a dried herb, make sure the plant you select is nonpoisonous and that it won't irritate your skin.




Here are just a few protection symbols that you MIGHT use to draw on the back of your mask or on your mask storage box. 




  • Pentacle
  • Solar symbol
  • Mars symbol
  • Bind Runes
  • Eye of Horus
  • Triquetra
  • Helm of Awe


  • REMEMBER BEFORE DOING ANY MAGICK:

    FIRST: Take care of your emotional and physical self 

    When working any kind of spellcraft, it's important to be in a good frame of mind. 


    Rent a boat or take a walk in the woods (do something in nature)
    for your mental/emotional health
    • Do some other kind of exercise (bike, walk, dig a hole to plant a tree).
    • Eat healthy whole foods 
    • Take care of your emotional health by checking up with friends/family and doing things that feed your soul; socially.
    • EXAMPLES OF THINGS THAT MIGHT FEED YOUR SOUL:
      • start a garden
      • grow backyard chickens
      • adopt a dog
      • rent a boat
      • give yourself permission to read for pleasure!
      • take a walk in the woods
      • go for a swim
      • sunbathe (if that feels healthy for you)
      • fly a kite, ride a motorcycle, go horseback riding 
      • call your grandparents and be social with shut-ins
      • blog!


      • Every good witch knows that taking care of the physical and emotional realm is always the first order of attack for anyone who does root magick, stone magick, is a kitchen witch, or who does any other kind of spell work with symbols, Tarot cards, and/or stones.

        Many blessings to you. May you feel utterly safe and well.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for the productive reader feedback. Is there something you've read here that inspired you? Tell me about it!