Thursday, June 18, 2020

How To Make A Hanging Chicken Water Bowl

Crone Crafts by the Mother of Invention


I've got a new brood of chicks and that means I'm reassessing my chicken coop. Not only did I tear down the old Chicken house to build a new one, but I'm remembering all the water bowl cleaning I dealt with in times past as chickens scratch and claw the ground, kicking dirt into their water bowls.

So this brood will get a HANGING water bowl (to hopefully keep the water cleaner).


Found this rather large old cast iron Christmas ball at the Goodwill Pick-A-Part for $2. (Lights didn't work.)




Removed the lights with a wire-cutter and that revealed the lovely cast iron frame.


I hung the cast iron ball inside my chicken coop with wire I bought from the Dollar Tree. $3 into this project so far (and I have leftover wire)!

Found a large metal bowl at a local thrift store for $2. Turning the metal bowl sideways, I was able to squeeze it in between the cast iron rungs. Total cost for my hanging chicken water bowl: $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the productive reader feedback. Is there something you've read here that inspired you? Tell me about it!